Six Strategies for a Successful Workspace
I’ve done a similar post on maximizing the use of your workspace but now that I’m actually faced with the challenge of redecorating our home’s “office,” it’s something I really need to think about! Aside from my carpet dilemma, I’m trying to figure out ways to organize a charming workspace… somewhere where I actually want to work without any distractions (that means no TV!) I believe in the “look good, feel good” attitude and in this case, I’m taking it to your environment – i.e. if your space doesn’t look good, you probably don’t feel like being in it! My workspace my sanctuary, my cave, my castle. It’s my personal laboratory for creating impactful, world-shifting work (at least I like to think so). Below are six strategies for a successful workspace.
1. Color = Inspiration – Color is good. Choose a color that’s inspiring and uplifting. Think about what colors inspire you and how you can incorporate them into your workspace.
2. Music that keeps you creative – I’m someone who believes that you should be refreshing your iTunes every few days (at least every few weeks) with some new jams to keep you feeling fresh and creative.
3. Let the light in – Workspace doesn’t equal cave. Be sure to let the light in when decorating your workspace to keep you feeling uplifted and energetic.
4. Keep it clean – A messy workspace often reflects on my work and makes me feel scatter-brained. Take time once a week to re-organize and clean up.
5. Visualize your inspiration… literally – Use a corkboard or simply some good ‘ol tacks and keep your inspiration where you can see it. Whether they’re lists, photographs, or your favorite quote, this will help you stay focused on your most important goals.
6. Invest in a good chair – Enough said.
What are your tips for creating a successful workspace?
Your guide to improving your lifestyle. DIY Crafts | Fashion | Healthy Eating | Staying Fit | Helping the Community | Interior Decorating